Viewmont High Counseling Center
We look forward to working with you. Our goal is to help you prepare for graduation and to move into an interesting and meaningful career. We do this by helping you register for the classes that you need, advising you on subjects such as testing, college readiness, career readiness and connecting you to the resources that help you succeed.
We are out for the summer! We have provided the following resources on our website for you to access over the summer.
- Class Changes - Schedules will be released to students on their myDSD August 3rd after 3:00 pm. There will be no class changes made except during schedule change sessions. Counselors will help students make these changes on the following days for a $10 charge:
- Thursday, August 12th, 9:00 am - 11:00 am
- Friday, August 13th, 9:00 am - 11:00 am
- Friday, August 20th, 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 24th, 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm (the day after school starts)
- Counselors will fix any incomplete schedules that do not have a full 8 periods, an error in the schedule such as two of the same class, classes requiring a tryout, a level change to or from an honors or AP class to a regular class, or a change involving adding a Home Release period (bring a parent to sign a form). These schedule fixes can be done at no charge on the following days:
- Friday, August 6th, 8:00 am - 11:00 am in the VHS Library
- Monday, August 9th, 8:00 am - 11:00 am and 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm in the VHS Library
- Tuesday, August 10th, 8:00 am - 11:00 am in the VHS Library
- Grading Discrepancies - If you receive a grade on your final report card that is incorrect, you should email your teacher directly, but will likely not receive a response until teachers are back in August. Rest assured that we can fix the situation if deemed necessary in the fall.
- Transcripts - Use the 'Transcripts' page located on the left navigation.
- Scholarships - Use the links and resources provided on our 'Scholarships' page located on the left navigation.
- ACT Testing - Go to actstudent.org to create an account and sign up for a testing date, or to log in to your previously created account to view and send scores. All ACT related questions should go directly to ACT.
- College Applications or FAFSA - Go to your selected college and request help from the admissions office for applications, or the financial aid office for FAFSA. They can walk you right through it!
- Crisis - Parents and Students can utilize the SafeUT App and helpline 833-372-3388 all year round. You can browse our District Resource Listing if you need additional support.