Scholarships & Financial Aid
Work smarter, not harder...
For Scholarship information contact:
Danette Henrie Scholarship Coordinator email@example.com 801.402.4389
Follow us on Instagram @vhs_scholarships
- Private Scholarships for VHS Students Only
- DSD Scholarship Database
- Scholarship Search Engines
- Scholarship Search Tips
- Senior Scholarship Newsletter
- Junior & Sophomore Scholarships Newsletter
- College Scholarship Websites
- The Edge Scholarship - WSU
- New Century Scholarship
Davis Foundation Scholarships - These scholarships are exclusively for VHS seniors. Please submit applications to Mrs. Henrie unless other wise indicated. Deadline is April 24, 2019.
--- Anthony Skedros Memorial Scholarship - $1,000 for one female and one male exemplary athlete. Deadline April 24, 2019
--- Elaine Dubois Memorial Scholarship - $4,000 For an Honors English student who has contributed to the community. Deadline April 24, 2019
--- Lakeview Hospital Scholarship - $1,000 For a student planning on a healthcare career. Deadline April 24, 2019
--- Parker Hedin Memorial Scholarship - $500 Designated for a student who is pursuing a degree in Special Education. Deadline April 24, 2019
--- This is ME Scholarship - $1,500 award for one female and one male. In memory of Elizabeth Pitt. For students who have had been impacted by mental illness. (Personally or through family...) Applications are submitted directly to the scholarship donors and recipients will remain private. Deadline April 24, 2019
--- VHS Alumni Association Scholarship - $1,500 For children or grandchildren of VHS Alumni in recognition of their community service, citizenship, and scholarship. Deadline April 24, 2019
NEW!!! Rotary Club Scholarship - Exemplary Students Giving Service $1,250 exclusively for one VHS senior.
Applications are available here or from Mrs. Henrie
Submit applications to Mrs. Henrie by April 19th, 2019
Keys to Success Scholarships are available now for seniors!
- Download the Keys to Success App
- Search for the Viewmont Scholarships
- Apply directly in the app or at KTSUtah.com
- Due March 15th, 2019 (Date extended)
- Must be a senior
- Apply now, don't wait until the deadline!
- Must have received a Key Card to apply.
- Haven't yet received a Key Card? Ask a teacher what you can do to earn one.
- Davis Technical College $500
- Nightingale Nursing College - Presidential $15,000
- Nightingale Nursing College - KTS $12,000 (1 award for DSD)
- Nightingale Nursing College - Future of Nursing - $2,000 (2 awarded)
- Paul Mitchell $1,000 (all applicants receive a scholarship)
- Snow College $1,000
- Southern Utah University $1,000
- University of Utah, $1,000
- Utah Valley University $1,000
- Weber State - Richard Richards Ethics $1,000 [closed]
Tips: Enter student profile in several search engines to refine the search results. To further tailor the results use specific keywords (i.e. abilities, experiences, adversities and traits). To avoid scams never pay money for scholarship searches.
Tips for Scholarships
- Don’t fall for scams. you should NEVER pay to get a scholarship. Do not give out personal financial information like bank accounts, credit card #’s, or your SSN.
- Don’t underestimate small scholarships. The smaller award scholarships are often less competitive.
- Don’t wait until your senior year to look for scholarships, they are available for grades 10-12 all year round!
Before You Apply:
- Create a scholarship resume (awards, service, experiences, activities, leadership, skills etc.).
- Use a calendar and checklist to get organized.
- Prioritize your applications by deadline.
- It’s the story that counts!
- Be creative, use fresh language and think outside the box
- Give examples and be specific.
- Be passionate in your essay and write about something of interest to you.
- Proofread a printed copy of the essay for spelling and grammar mistakes.
- Use a professional email address
- Remove inappropriate and immature material on your social media accounts.
- Make a photocopy of your application before mailing it.
- Send the application by certified mail with delivery confirmation.
- Apply early and often…Apply, apply, apply!
Most Common Application Mistakes:
- Missing deadlines
- Failing to follow directions – i.e. essay length
- Leaving out required information
- Failing to tailor the application to the sponsor
- Failing to proofread the application
- Exaggerating or lying on the application
- Applying for an award for which you do not qualify
- Writing a boring or potentially offensive essay.
Scholarship Toolkit - Keeping a solid scholarship resume is important. Instead of applying for a job, you’re applying for free money! This toolkit will help you start your scholarship resume, which you can continue adding to throughout high school.
Concurrent Enrollment EDGE SCHOLARSHIP
- Complete 12 or more credit hours of CE courses in high school
- Earn a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on all CE course work
- Must enroll at Weber State University after high school
- See above link for more information
For more information concerning the Regent's Scholarship please see their website. Also, Regent's representatives can be reached by email and phone for more questions..
Please note: Regent's applicant's are required to complete the FAFSA. However, a student does not have to qualify for federal financial aid to receive the scholarship.
- Graduate from high school with a minimum GPA of 3.5 AND complete an associate degree earning a 3.0 GPA from an eligible Utah Higher Education institution by the date you graduate from a Utah high school.
- See the above link for more information.