Viewmont High Honors Recognition Program
There is no application for academic or citizenship honors. Those students will be automatically selected based on the criteria, and the lists of names will be posted.
- Academic cords lists posted by 3:00 pm on April 15th
- Citizenship cord list posted by 3:00 pm on May 17th
Students seeking departmental honor cords should follow the procedure set by each specific department (see department tabs below). Some departments require an application. If a department has an application process, the applications are due to the department by Friday, April 19, 2019.
All cords can be purchased in the Ticket Booth outside the auditorium on Tuesday, May 28th and Wednesday, May 29th from 7:00 am - 3:00 pm.
Honor Cords cost $5.00 each.
- Business & Marketing
- Family and Consumer Science (FACS)
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Health Sciences
- Social Studies
- Skilled and Technical
- Technical Theatre/Stage Crafts
- World Languages
There is no application for academic honors.
Students will be automatically selected, based on the criteria, and the lists of names will be posted by 3:00 pm on April 15th.
For all levels students must meet graduation requirements, can have no more than one released time period per term during senior year, and must have taken at least 5 honors, AP or core CE classes (core classes are math, science, English, social studies, or world languages).
- Academic Distinction - White Braid - Have a cumulative GPA of 4.0 through 3rd term
- High Academic Honors - Gold Braid - Have a cumulative GPA of 3.8-3.9 through 3rd term
- Academic Honors - Silver Braid - Have a cumulative GPA of 3.6-3.79 though 3rd term
No application is required for citizenship honors.
Students will be automatically selected, based on the criteria, and the list of names will be posted by 3:00 pm on May 17th.
Students must meet graduation requirements and complete grades 9-12 without receiving any unsatisfactory citizenship marks (U's).
Cord Color: Ming Blue